Great game, It's very interesting to see a competitive rougelike but this one stuck the landing for me.
A game of stealth, deception, and out-sleuthing an opponent.
Scroll down for instructions (recommended)
Download "universal" zip for smoothest play.
- Up, down, left, right (ESDF for 2nd player) Uses Sneak in a direction. See below for move information.
- Pressing X (X on keyboard, Q for 2nd player) brings up the trick selection menu, holding lets you input a
special move selection sequence without bringing up the menu screen
(useful if you remember the sequences)
- Holding O (Z on keyboard, TAB for 2nd player) and pressing a direction will use your currently selected special move in that direction.
- When in the trick selection menu, press the arrows next to the desired trick in sequence, one after the other.
- Remember your position in True Sight first.
- Use the patterns on the floor as landmarks to make it easier to remember your position in the dark.
- Become familiar with the sequences so you can quick select them (holding down X and using arrows in sequence). This makes it so the room never goes out view and you can keep track of your position.
- Have fun!
The 7DRL version is in the downloads.
Currently known bugs in the 7DRL version:
- Sometimes will play an ominous sound when performing moves. This is not intentional but kinda cool, and I intend on incorporating it. Removed for now.
- The tutorial uses O to go through prompts, but that is also the button mostly likely to be held (to perform special moves), so tutorial prompts get skipped. Switched to X.
- The first player looks to the left, which in versus is facing away from the other player. I have flipped the sprites of each player.
- Moves fail to reset in between separate game (versus/story/tutorial). This has been fixed.
- Changed "select move..." to "select trick..."
- The 7DRL game is unwinnable, if you see doors disappear, you won! Fixed this.
- Fixed bug where it was possible to have multiple decoys.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||78 days ago|
|Tags||2D, Seven Day Roguelike Challenge, Arcade, memory, PICO-8, Roguelike, Stealth, Versus|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any), Joystick|
|Accessibility||High-contrast, Interactive tutorial|
|Player count||1 - 2|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.