A classic Roguelike where you play as a rogue looting treasure from a dragon's lair under a volcano. You've picked a time when the Dragon is out terrorizing the local village. Unfortunately, you didn't anticipate Dragonlings. But you're greedy and anxious, and continue anyway.
Made in 7 days for the 2022 7DRL jam.
Collect as much treasure as you can, and make it out alive.
- WASD or Arrows move a direction
- Space or Period wait in place
- Mouse hover to describe lit objects
- 1-5 Use an artifact
- Manage health and anxiety in a dynamic environment
- Restore anxiety by picking up gold
- Move into things to interact
- Wait to have enemies come to you, but this increases your anxiety
- Avoid hazards such as fire, lava, pitfalls, chasms, and more
- Experiment with using artifacts on different objects, each does something differently, and some have a passive effect
- Make it through 3 chambers before reaching the exit
- Escape with 100% of the gold collected
- Escape with 0% of the gold collected (I believe this is possible)
- Escape without artifacts
Good luck! Here be dragon(ling)s. Hopefully nothing else...
There will be bugs.
Post 7DRL Changes
- Fixed bugs
- Added and improved animations
- Changed the floor, pitfall, and stalagmite sprites
- Made rocks smashable by bumping them when they can't move
- Added a wait move that costs anxiety
- Reworked artifacts and their descriptions
- Improved Dragonling AI to be more threatening
- Add music and sound effects
- Make balance adjustments
- Add more lair denizens and artifacts
- Add more environment interactions and features
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
An absolute blast. So much fun and anxiety!
I was looking forward to your entry and I was not disappointed.
Fantastic in every way.
I have to specifically mention that I love the way the visibility works, and the artifact variety.
This is a tough game but the colors and tileset just make me want to stay in this world and keep trying.
This is great! Beautiful and fun.
Came back to this one. Probably my favorite so far. Really well done here.
So beautiful! Very good work on map generation. I first though I HAD to find all gold. But no. It is actually hard to just reach the exit ^^. I’m not quite sure how to cross that lava river. I need to bring those red things one by one?
Making any game in a week is impressive, but this is even better.
I was sold on this game the first time I slipped on some mud. Juking a Dragonling by going around a lava pool then realizing my folly was another highlight. No wonder my Rogue has anxiety!